Serving others well is elemental to The Headhunters. When the company launched in 2020, we focused on the ideals of innovation and thinking outside the box in order to serve during unprecedented times.
One of our four core values as a company is tenacity. Complacency has no place here. We will hustle to get what our clients deserve. For us, this means we place stellar candidates in important positions, even when others have failed to do so before.
We continue to help our clients make life-changing career moves in this growing and evolving job market.
William D. Wednieski
CPA, Managing Director
Bill does more than recruit professionals into companies. His ability to see and hear the needs (even the unsurfaced ones) of the company, makes for candidate-and-company matches that stick. His contributions to clients lead to their success and his contributions to candidates lead to life changes fueled by growth and opportunity.
Tenacious and focused, Bill thrives in delighting clients and wildly exceeding expectations.
- The Headhunters, LLC co-founder
- Finance and executive professional with 20 years of bona fide work experience in metals and mining, automotive, information technology, real estate, and financial services.
- Led and built three different finance teams from scratch, and has extensive experience on both the buy and sell side of transactions.
- Director of Tax and Government Affairs, Severstal North America, Inc.
- Finance Director, Corporate Taxes, Covisint (COVS)
- Director of Corporate Tax, Superior Industries, Inc. (SUP)
- Chief Financial Officer, LJPR Financial Advisors
- Chief Administrative Officer, Seligman & Associates, Inc. (family real estate)
- 10 years in public accounting
- Exploring Michigan’s out-of-doors, especially around Houghton Lake
- Coaching and watching his kids’ sports teams
- Metro Detroit native
A veteran of the United States Army, Rachel brings a different perspective into her role as senior recruiter at The Headhunters, LLC. Currently living in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, Rachel is our first remote employee.
Approaching problems from different vantage points, Rachel is excited to be a part of The Headhunters team. Bringing life change to people through new career opportunities is her passion and she loves connecting clients and candidates as a recruiter.
- Bachelors of Science degree from the United States Military Academy at West Point
- 5-years of Human Resource experience in the Army with 2nd Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, processing awards, evaluations, promotions, and other personnel actions and aligning personnel with positions that matched their career goals, whether it was within the unit or working with external agencies to move personnel to maximize unit objectives.
- 4-years as an Early Educator, working in extremely dynamic and fluid situations during the pandemic that challenged not only her verbal communication skills, but also written and media skills to keep parents informed on the classroom environment and their child’s progress.
- Loves bringing people together through conversation and connections
- Spending time with my family – watching my boys play sports (lacrosse, folk-style wrestling, or weightlifting) or hanging at the pool
- Going to wine tastings with my friends
- Perusing garden nurseries
- Even though I love reading cookbooks and cocktail recipe books, I despise grocery shopping
Sam comes to The Headhunters with several years of experience in recruiting across a range of verticals and business models. He got his start recruiting for manufacturing trades on a contract-to-hire basis, and then moved into the executive search world. Where, prior to joining The Headhunters, he spent three years recruiting Directors of Surgical Services for a niche firm based in Portland, OR.
Sam is excited to leverage his varied recruiting experience here at The Headhunters to make strong long-term matches that bring value to our clients and make our candidates excited to go to work every day.
- 5-years’ recruiting experience, including everything from forklift drivers to nurse executives
- A proven relationship builder, who listens actively and makes it his business to match candidates with the needs of his clients and vice versa
- Always learning more, improving his skills, and diving deeper into the roles he works to fill
- Cooking, especially Italian food, and making cocktails
- Western martial arts, with a focus on medieval wrestling and sword fighting
- Avid chess player
- Trying to keep up with my two daughters, especially the gifted and spunky three-year-old
Born and raised in Flint, MI, Teresa is an experienced “Jill-of-all-trades” with a passion for helping people. With a background in technology, human resources, and retail, in both for-profit and non-profit settings, she has developed considerable experience in managing, organizing, communicating, evaluating, analyzing, and reporting. Many of her life and work experiences involved executive and board-level members from various disciplines, and people from all walks of life. These people and projects are fast-paced, high-energy, and often require patience, tact, and being able to translate abbreviated instructions and ideas into effective activities. Teresa has considerable experience with and is skilled at keeping track of and organizing multiple projects, deadlines, and schedules.
- Bachelors of Business degree from the University of Michigan – Flint
- Notary Public
- 40 Under 40 Honoree 2022 – Flint & Genesee Chamber
- Classically-trained violinist & music teacher.
- Her rabbit, Chester, loves bananas and cheerios!
- Taught herself to crochet via YouTube.
- Is an avid old movie and TV show buff.
In her previous role, Anna was responsible for creating lasting relationships with at-risk youth and volunteer mentors. She’s transferred these matchmaking skills into her role as a recruiter at The Headhunters, LLC. She excels in coordinating mutually beneficial relationships and understanding the preferences and needs of both sides to every match. Anna is motivated by people and is looking forward to building trust with her candidates, as well as being persistent in her searches to ensure the best possible fit. And she is thrilled to join The Headhunters team.
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology from Michigan State University
- Excels at forming strong relationships
- Eager to learn new skills and develop a personal recruiting style
- Traveling, listening to podcasts, attending concerts, & watching documentaries
- Yoga, walks, and going to the gym
- Trying new wineries and brunch spots
- Boating on Lake Huron’s Saginaw Bay
JOIN OUR TEAM
Join our growing – and winning! – team. We’re hiring for a senior recruiter. Will you be the newest Headhunter?